Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Santa Face! Beanie with pom pom and beard


I had a great time making this beanie! It's super fun and cute. I'll attach some links to help you make one too!

I have an average to large head and here is what I did.

Beanie: 

Hook: 5mm
Yarn: Red Heart With Love "red' and "white"
in red 
Ch 4, sl st in first to create a ring.
R1: hdc 10 inside the ring, join (10)
R2: ch1,  hdc 2 in each st from the first row, join (20)
R3: ch1, (hdc 1, hdc 2 in the next st) repeat 10x, join (30)
R4: ch1, (hdc 2, hdc 2 in the next st) repeat 10x, join  (40)
R5: ch1, (hdc 3, hdc 2 in the next st) repeat 10x, join (50)
R6: ch1, (hdc 4, hdc 2 in the next st) repeat 10x, join (60)
R7-17: ch1, hdc in each st around, join (60)
change to white 
R18: ch1, hdc in each st around, join (60)
R19-21: ch1 (front post hdc, back post hdc) repeat around, join (60) - make sure that you line up your front posts with the ones from the previous row.

Beard 

Hook: 4mm
Yarn: Red Heart With Love "white"

I used the "medium" size with this tutorial

http://ashleemarie.com/crochet-bobble-beard-pattern-multiple-sizes/

it's great with a bunch of sizes and pictures

Pom Pom

Yarn: Red Heart With Love "White" 

I used this tutorial and some cardboard tubes I had, it worked great and was super easy ! 


Happy Holidays everyone!!


No comments:

Post a Comment